19 February @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
CLOTHING SWAP – women’s, men’s and kids’ clothes
We all like to wear the latest fashions but our desire to look good is hurting the planet. The fashion industry accounts for nearly 10% of global carbon emissions and nearly 20% of global wastewater. Every time we wash our clothes they shed plastic microfibers that end up in the ocean. The fashion industry produces 92 million tonnes of waste every year. Most of this ends up in landfill, and less than 1% is recycled into new clothes. Every time we buy another piece of clothing we don’t need we are contributing to this situation. We need to buy fewer clothes… but that doesn’t mean we can’t still look good.
Give your unwanted clothes new life, find new items to love and reduce your environmental footprint all in one go.
Please Reserve a Spot using the eventbrite link below so we can keep track of numbers and keep you posted about any changes.
The SWAP RULES are simple:
– Bring up to ten quality items of clothes for swapping
– For the first time our swap includes men’s and kids’ clothes, as well as women’s clothing
– All items should be of good quality – not stained, torn or dirty. Only bring things you would be comfortable giving to a friend. Give quality, get quality.
– Please only bring ten of your best items, but feel free to take more than ten items away with you
– There is no admission charge but a $2 donation to Plastic Free Avoca Beach to assist with venue hire would be gratefully received
– Bring a reusable bag to carry your new goodies home
– Leftover items will be donated to a local charity